HawkCard Office Announcements.
Learn more about the Purple Points account with this YouTube video.
Do you use an Android smartphone/tablet? Then download the FREE HawkCard app today!!! Always know your Dining Dollars and Purple Points account balances.
Do you use an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad? Then download the FREE HawkCard app today!!! Always know your Dining Dollars and Purple Points account balances.
Check the "off campus merchants" web page.
Keep up-to-date about your HawkCard, meal plan, dining dollars, and Purple Points, join our Listserv email service using the form below.
The UW-W HawkCard, your all-in-one campus ID card!
The HawkCard Office is here for you! We are your one-stop shop for ID cards, meal plans (both student and faculty/staff), and Purple Points information. You can purchase a meal plan, deposit money in your Purple Points account, get a replacement HawkCard and check your balances. We strive to make your life safer and more convenient!
Why do I need a HawkCard?
- Proof of association with the University
- University ID Card
- Residence Hall Access Card
- Meal Plan Card
- University Library Card
- Textbook Rental Card
- Purple Point Debit Card
- Admission to UW-W Athletic Events
- UW-W Fitness Center ID Card (with paid membership)
How To Extend The Life Of Your HawkCard
The technology that makes your HawkCard work includes an antenna, electronic chip, and magnetic stripe. These are embedded into the card when it is manufactured.
There are three primary reasons for your HawkCard to stop working on campus doors with electronic door access, especially res halls:
- Damage to the antenna or damage to the bond between the chip and the antenna will destroy the card.
- Exposing the card to electro static discharge (ESD) can damage the integrated circuit.
- Strong magnetic fields can wipe out the programming on the card’s chip.
Your HawkCard is intended to be used strictly for access control and identification purposes, including meal plans, Purple Points, and other specific uses at UW-W. When HawkCards fail, it is frequently the result of unintentional abuse by the card holder. Below is a list of common actions that damage a card
- Machine washing the card by accident when it is forgotten in a pocket of a shirt or pair of pants.
- Exposing the card to extreme heat (direct sunlight on the dash of your car, clothes dryer or iron).
- Punching a hole or slot in an undesignated area.
- Using the card as an ice scrapper for the windows of your vehicle.
- Bending, twisting or crimping the card.
- Exposing the card to chemicals including organic solvents, thinners, mineral spirits, alcohol, isopropyl, ethanol or methyl.
Proper handling of your HawkCard is critical to the life of the card. Avoiding the actions above should help extend the life of your card.
The HawkCard Office is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Extended office hours are provided at the beginning of each semester.
If you have any questions not addressed on this web site, please call us at (262) 472-1437 or send us an email at The HawkCard Office.
Sign up for the Purple Point email list! Be informed of important dates, new locations and other useful information related to Purple Points and meal plans! Fill in the boxes below to be added to the list.