The HawkCard is your official identification card at UW-Whitewater and serves as proof of association with the University.
The card is an essential part of campus life at the University of Wisconsin-Whitewater and should be carried with you at all times. Each card includes a digitized photo of the authorized user and following information:
- Status with the University
- University Identification Number
Your First HawkcardNew students who will be living in the Residence Halls will receive their first HawkCard on move in day from their Resident Assistants.
Commuting students may pick up their first HawkCard from the HawkCard Office beginning the week prior to the start of classes.
Good Card Care
To avoid the need and cost to replace your HawkCard in the future, take good care of it!
- Keep your HawkCard in a wallet or protective case.
- Do not punch holes in your card. This ruins the magnetic strip necessary for transactions and door access.
- Keep your card away from magnets; this will demagnetize the card’s magnetic strip necessary for transactions