- Vending Frequently Asked Questions
- Vending locations on campus
- Vending contact information
- Vending problem reporting
- Why does $2.25 or more display on the card reader that is on a soda or vendung machine when I swipe my HawkCard?
- Am I paying more for soda and snack purchases using my Purple Point Account?
- Why is the balance that displays on the vending card readers not the actual Purple Point account balance?
- What is a "Daily Spending Limit"?
- Will this "Daily Spending Limit" apply to Purple Point transactions at any vending machines on campus?
- Questions about Purple Points
- Questions about your HawkCard
Soda, juice & Gatorade machines dispense products that cost from $.60 to $2.75. The reader is programmed to check your account for the largest possible purchase in the machines. The card reader on the snack, cold food and coffee machines work the same way.
No, the actual amount deducted from your Purple Point Account is determined by the price of the product you select. The amount displayed by the product selection button is the amount that is deducted from your Purple Point Account.
The account balance that displays on the vending reader at the end of a transaction is the balance of the "Daily Spending Limit" for vending and laundry machines.
Purple Point Accounts are protected so that no more then $15.00 per day can be used at campus vending machines and laundry machines. This amount was established in consultation with Residence Hall Association (RHA) and Whitewater Student Government (WSG).
Yes, the "Daily Spending Limit" applies to all card readers on vending machines throughout the campus. Readers at all other locations where Purple Points are accepted display your ACTUAL Purple Point Account balance.
|Wells East||Wells West|
|Academic and Other Buildings|
|Andersen Library||Ambrose Health Center|
|Center of the Arts||General Services Building|
|Heidi Hall||Hyer Hall|
|Hyland Hall||Laurentide Hall|
|McCutchan Hall||McGraw Hall|
|Roseman Building||Student Athletic Complex|
|University Center||Upham Hall|
|Visitors Center||Williams Center|
Office: UC Information Services, Room 159
- Monday - Saturday, 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM
- Sunday, 12:00 PM - 9:00 PM
If you need a refund due to a vending machine problem, please follow the instructions posted on the vending machine that caused the problem. Instructions are different for each building on campus.
Vending machine problems may be reported via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 262-472-1188.
You may also use this on-line form to submit any problems or refund requests if your web browser is not configured to send email messages. We appreciate you reporting the problem so it can be fixed as soon as possible. Thank you.
Your Email Address: